Re: Latest info about GW2

#77 2012-11-13 08:55:17

Eili
Officer

#78 2012-11-13 10:53:38

BuGi

"In a cave east of here lies a beastial creature made from malice and shade. Bring me the spectral essence of this beast, and I will infuse its protection into your armor."

And yes, somehow I still remember that..

Foul and hungry vines! Prune them back!

#79 2012-11-13 10:55:16

Druar
Slayer of Trolls

BuGi wrote:

"In a cave east of here lies a beastial creature made from malice and shade. Bring me the spectral essence of this beast, and I will infuse its protection into your armor."

And yes, somehow I still remember that..

hahaha, yeah it was very cool the first time around^^

"Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great."

#80 2012-11-13 11:19:23

arwen

Oh my bad i didnt see that link Eili posted.
That really sucks, so if the patch after only 2 months have superior gear what can we see in upcoming patches?
That goes against everything they said GW2 will be.
And its not really small difference.
Sorry but I really hate the idea.

Last edited by arwen (2012-11-13 11:32:02)

#81 2012-11-13 11:23:41

9th Requiem
Officer

Raise the crow's foot and rope down the jib-jabber-gabber...thingy...

#82 2012-11-14 10:46:48

Raijin
Website

Welcome to WoW 2.0. sad

Aztai - Thief

#83 2012-11-14 12:04:02

wilson
Slayer of Owls

From a strictly mathematical standpoint the return of +10 Power and Precision and +3% Magic Find looks rather minimal to me. That of course without taking into account the Unused Defensive Infusion Slot, which increases the power of the ring. I also don't know much about ingame mathematics and logarithms, so please bear with me if I am completely wrong.

From a philosophical standpoint (big word, sorry) I strongly dislike the idea of that ring, just as I d'ont like the fact that legendary weapons are not only about vanity. In the long run a legendary will deal more damage than an exotic. Or differently put, 10.000 hits with a legendary will outdamage 10.000 hits with an exotic. But that's from someone who doesn't understand how awesome random skill effects are. wink

Honor? Huh! Honor's killed millions of people, it hasn't saved a single one.

#84 2012-11-14 12:34:49

ark
Officer
Website

hot pink is the new new orange, orange is the new green, green is the new vendor trash. my mesmer is now a hobo.
i wonder what the new hot pink will be next update.

Everybody needs 21 16 5 seconds of Empathy Confusion.

#85 2012-11-14 17:44:37

Chill

And so it begins... the slippery slope of gear progression. I know it ain't much, but it's the principle that counts. Let me grind for vanity stuff, if I so do desire, but not for minimal increments of gear stats.

The infusion seems to work like in GW1, where you infused your armor to be able to hold up a candle to the mursaat attacks. Does every new dungeon now get a world modifier in order to force you to grind for dungeon-specific gear?

#86 2012-11-15 04:47:03

Juun

Feeling kind of iffy about this.
I don't necessarily mind the new tier it gives, I'm still in green armor and it's been good enough for me so far (I do have exotic weapons though). I feel no need to go buy myself some exotic or ascended armor.  I just don't like that it seems ANet is making the game so passive. I'd prefer they improve enemy AI (requiring more player skill) rather than making you need a passive item in your accessories... the game as a whole already feels so passive to me, as easy as watching TV.

So it's not that I'm opposed to ascended armor, more the direction they seem to be going towards kinda boggles my mind. They're doing this for the hardcore players, right? So why do they make it so passive / boring, instead of what it should be: something that requires amazing player skill?

And why does this have to be limited to one zone? Why can't it happen throughout the world?  I wish they'd try and bring players to lower level zones.

Baaaah ~

#87 2012-11-15 08:19:52

wilson
Slayer of Owls

I'm actually still torn between ragequitting and not bothering. I think the latter is winning. And that's probably worse.

Worst for me is that I wasted 12 Fine Transmutation Stones on my now non max-armor sets. With my current motivation I'll probably not manage to replace those. Even if I did, grinding for 2 complete new armor sets is totally out of question. It was painfully enough the first time around.

Then again, they can still give me a free upgrade to my exotic. Wouldn't mind that. wink

#88 2012-11-15 08:42:41

Eili
Officer

More info. I'm not amazed....but it seems you "only" need the new infused armours in the dungeon.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/leah … t-dungeon/

#89 2012-11-15 10:05:58

Druar
Slayer of Trolls

I dont care, as wils said it is probably for the worse, but the fact is, unless I want to do this new dungeon It wont affect me at all, if the new armor is build like the rings (aka. no runeslot) then I actually consider it subpar to exotic at best. runes are to powerful to give up imho. Runes are like an extra grandmaster trait, and worth alot more than the 7% increase the ascended gear gives.

If the armor does turn out to have both infusion slot and rune slot, then by god I wan't it, unless it only comes in Magic Find, then I couldn't care less again.

I am more excited about the new content, the fact that they use an uplevelling system for the dungeon and that there just might be some new armor look coming my way. In time I'll get the new gear if needed.

As you might get from my somewhat confuzzled post I am a bit torn, I don't like the fact that it's here, but I'm willing to see what it brings to the party before raging to much about it.

"Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great."

#90 2012-11-15 10:14:55

wilson
Slayer of Owls

Eili wrote:

More info. I'm not amazed....but it seems you "only" need the new infused armours in the dungeon.

Druar wrote:

I dont care, as wils said it is probably for the worse, but the fact is, unless I want to do this new dungeon It wont affect me at all, if the new armor is build like the rings (aka. no runeslot) then I actually consider it subpar to exotic at best. runes are to powerful to give up imho. Runes are like an extra grandmaster trait, and worth alot more than the 7% increase the ascended gear gives.

If the armor does turn out to have both infusion slot and rune slot, then by god I wan't it, unless it only comes in Magic Find, then I couldn't care less again.

I am more excited about the new content, the fact that they use an uplevelling system for the dungeon and that there just might be some new armor look coming my way. In time I'll get the new gear if needed.

As you might get from my somewhat confuzzled post I am a bit torn, I don't like the fact that it's here, but I'm willing to see what it brings to the party before raging to much about it.

Pretty much what Dru said. I really don't get the point of dungeon specific armor (/duh, maybe even /facepalm) but I can live with that. It's just going to be a place I will never visit. But since I haven't even done half the dungeons in the game right now, it's obvious I won't bother much.

#91 2012-11-15 10:22:57

Druar
Slayer of Trolls

Eili wrote:

It is looking basically like Gw2's version of raiding, something that many people asked for in various places, I kinda feel bad for anet, they are in a position where they are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. Trying to cater to old-school gw fans and the general MMO crowd can't be easy.

I do a lot of reading on the official forums, and truth be told, the very same people that writes stuff like: "I Wish gw2 had raiding!", replies in threads about ascended gear with comments like: "OMG! gear treadmill is baed, anetz sez it shouldnt be in gw2, Anet iz lyingz to uzzuz!!!"

I give Anet Kudos for trying, but the fact is some people are just never happy no matter what you do.

#92 2012-11-15 11:10:19

wilson
Slayer of Owls

Druar wrote:
Eili wrote:

It is looking basically like Gw2's version of raiding, something that many people asked for in various places, I kinda feel bad for anet, they are in a position where they are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. Trying to cater to old-school gw fans and the general MMO crowd can't be easy.

I do a lot of reading on the official forums, and truth be told, the very same people that writes stuff like: "I Wish gw2 had raiding!", replies in threads about ascended gear with comments like: "OMG! gear treadmill is baed, anetz sez it shouldnt be in gw2, Anet iz lyingz to uzzuz!!!"

I give Anet Kudos for trying, but the fact is some people are just never happy no matter what you do.

If my exotic is equivalent (or even superior, who knows) to ascended gear in general PvE and WvW I absolutely don't care. If people want to waste their time on "raiding" (just I like to waste mine in WvW) I don't see no point in not giving them what they want.

But sadly, I think that clear line is utopic. I don't think this is the final word and that sooner or later people raiding those instances want different returns for what they are doing. Most people (unlike some of us) don't seem to be content with having a good time and don't drool with satisfaction when they can get 5 minutes (or years wink) of fun out the game. TBH trying to cater both worlds, the GW fans and the MMO crowd, is a balancing act that I believe will not pan out. Soon or later one side will take over with all the /rage you can imagine. They should have been clear from the start on what they want and not create a hibrid that is lacking in both areas, like the final stage GW.

I'd give them kudos if they stuck to a plan. smile

Druar wrote:

some people are just never happy no matter what you do.

*whistles innocently*

smile

#93 2012-11-15 11:37:34

arwen

I agree with Mimi here, I dont see how gear progression will change anything for hardcore players. I doubt many people will be happy with just gear upgrades when content ( and I mean dungeons here) is so incredibly boring and  every single fight feels the same.
If this new dungeon is going to be the same as all others I have done ( dodge the red circle, kill boss with tons of health) no gear progress will make people happy. They should have just work on fight mechanics, gear is not so important not even for your usual mmo player if getting it is so boring and easy.
I understand they have to compete with WOW but this is not the way, making wow clone never worked for any other game ( and there was tons of them).
Ah well will just have to wait and see.

#94 2012-11-15 20:08:01

Eili
Officer

I was talking to a guy ingame and he raised the point that NSoft might be pressuring anet if game/jewel sales didn't turn out to be as good as expected and thi smight lead to a bit of a panic.....it makes sense really.

#95 2012-11-15 23:55:45

Eili
Officer

The update is here (at least I think it's that because we got kicked out of GW and the client is updating now) and it seesm rather big so if you want to log in fast the evening worth to download earlier.

#96 2012-11-16 08:11:59

wilson
Slayer of Owls

Dunno if it's true, but if it is, it's definitely a huge letdown for me.

unconfirmed source wrote:

Legendary Weapons have indeed been buffed on base damage.

Dusk (Exotic): 995 - 1100 damage
Twilight (Legendary): 1045-1155 damage

The slightly better mods, I wouldn't mind, but this seriously buffs the damage output of a legendary.

#97 2012-11-16 09:55:26

arwen

Its hilarious:D
Guy asks this on forums, other guy shows proof:
http://i.imgur.com/lZz53.png
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/up … hot103.jpg

And then Anet person comes and says this:

Legendary weapons won’t be updated to ascended stats until ascended weapons are added to the game in the far future.

(Edit follow up: Looks like they got updated early by accident, we’re going to fix this now they should be the same as exotic)

So we know now what kind of stats they will have.:D

thread:
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/g … nded-Stats

#98 2012-11-16 16:30:03

Juun

Yeah fun suffs, I really don't care if my green armor is behind, my green  armor has been behind all this time and i've been just fine. Maybe it takes me 7 years to get the highest tier of armor; that's perfectly alright with me. But I feel like Anet punched me and knocked my teeth out, that's all, I can't believe they bother to add this stuff when the whole PvE and current dungeons need sooooooooo much work. It's like "regular players can screw themselves, so what if the game is only so-so for them? the hard cores need more stuff to do and more shinnies, so that comes first!"

OMG guys, shinnies!

#99 2012-11-16 17:28:35

wilson
Slayer of Owls

Any news on how the ascended gear works? Especially the infusion slots.

#100 2012-11-16 17:35:16

9th Requiem
Officer

wilson wrote:

Any news on how the ascended gear works? Especially the infusion slots.

You get tokens from Fractal completion that can be used to buy the ascended items. They each have an infusion slot. Infusions can be made via the Mystic Forge, using Eldrich scrolls (50 skill points), Mystic Coins, T6 fine materials (eg, Ancient Bone) and the new crafting materials (eg, Karka shells).
Infusions give resistance to Agony damage, as well as a very minor amount of regular stats. You add infusions to ascended gear just like adding a rune etc.

Raise the crow's foot and rope down the jib-jabber-gabber...thingy...

Board footer